We deliver personal development workshops, online or in person, for young people in the UK who are aged 11 – 25. The purpose of our workshops is to help young people build the skills and tools needed to flourish in life.
We have designed and structured our workshops in a way that enables young people to learn in their own unique way. We do this by providing:
- Experiential activities – offering a range of structured games or exercises which allow participants to think, discover and question the activities and materials provided. Conversation is encouraged once completed so attendees can reflect on their personal learning experience
- A safe space – creating an environment where young people feel safe, listened to and understood
- Opportunities – providing a chance for young people to talk openly about the things that matter to them, whatever that might be
- Employers are consistently commenting that young people are lacking a broad range of soft skills (YMCA, 2019).
- 67% of young people are concerned about the impact that the pandemic is having on their mental health, social skills and well-being (British Science Association, 2020).
We can deliver all individual workshops as a full personal development programme over an agreed period of time, or alternatively, we can mix and match how ever many workshops you need, tailored to your requirements.
Please see below a list of the workshops that we offer:
- The importance of good communication – this workshop discusses how ineffective communication can contribute to conflict. We also look at why misunderstandings happen and how to communicate with others in a calm and effective manner
- Resilience – this workshop looks at how to redefine the meaning of failure
- The power of choices – every day we make choices, some choices are small, but others are much bigger and they can shape the way we live for the rest of our lives. This workshop looks at our decision making process and the importance of making considered choices which best support us
- Your mindset is your reality – this workshop looks at how our mindset can impact on our quality of life and ability to achieve our goals
- Why do I feel this way? – this workshop explores how the way we feel affects how we think, how we make decisions and how we live our life. In this workshop we explore why we may feel a certain emotion in a situation, why it is not always appropriate to react impulsively and how we can respond in a healthier way
BENEFITS OF THE WORKSHOPS
Through attending the personal development workshops young people will:
- learn how to improve their resilience
- make better informed decisions
- increase their self-confidence
- understand how conflict may arise and how to deal with it
- improve their communication skills
- manage their emotions more effectively