We deliver personal development workshops for young people in the UK who are aged 11 – 25. All workshops can be delivered online or in person. In our personal development workshops young people receive support with developing their soft skills.
We have designed an environment in our personal development workshops, to enable young people to become creators’ of their own learning rather than allowing them to simply be a recipient of the workshops. This includes:
- Experiential activities – structured games or exercises which allow the process of learning to take place. Once the activities are finished all participants are then encouraged to reflect on their experience of the exercises or games
- A safe space – creating an environment where the young people feel listened to and safe
- Opportunities – providing opportunities for the young people to talk about things that matter to them
- Employers are consistently commenting that young people are lacking a broad range of soft skills (YMCA, 2019).
- 67% of young people are concerned about the impact that the pandemic is having on their mental health, social skills and well-being (British Science Association, 2020).
Option 1 – you can mix and match the workshop topics, this means that you can choose for us to deliver either one or more of the topics
Option 2 – we will deliver all of the workshops as a personal development programme
Please see below a list of the workshops that we offer:
- The importance of good communication – this workshop shows the young people how the way that they communicate may contribute to conflict. The workshop also looks at why misunderstandings happen and how to positively communicate with others
- Resilience – this workshop allows young people to redefine the meaning of failure
- The power of choices – every day we make choices, some choices are small, but others are much bigger, and they can shape the way we live for the rest of our lives. This workshop looks at the process we go through before making a choice and the importance of making well thought out positive choices
- Your mindset is your reality – this workshop focuses on the impact that your mindset can have on the quality of your life and achieving goals
- Why do I feel this way? – this workshop explores how the way we feel affects how we think, how we make decisions and how we live our life. Why do I feel this way also explores why it is not always appropriate to react impulsively based on what we are feeling. Additionally, the workshop allows the young people to explore why they feel a particular emotion in certain situations and practical things that they can do when they experience particular emotions
BENEFITS OF THE WORKSHOPS
Through attending the personal development workshops young people will:
- learn how to improve their resilience
- make better informed decisions
- increase their self-confidence
- understand how conflict may arise and how to deal with it
- improve their communication skills
- manage their emotions more effectively